All International applicants on receiving an Acceptance letter and are preparing to come to Canada must do the following
1. Receipt of the Acceptance Letter
- After passing the Scholastic Level Exam, applicants will receive an Acceptance Letter along with a Student Handbook from the college
- Upon receipt of the Acceptance Letter, applicants will need to confirm the offer to enroll by sending the signed Student Handbook (to be supplied via email) by the deadline stated in the Acceptance Letter.
2. Payment of Program Fee
- All International applicants must pay $425 when accepting the offer to enroll
- Payment options include Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or cash/debit (in person). Credit Card transactions will incur a 1% surcharge
- On receiving the payment, Elevated Learning Academy will issue the student a payment receipt and Confirmation of Enrollment
- The remainder tuition fee of $7,470 must be paid on the first day of classes.
- Application Fee: $75
- Enrollment Fee: $425
- Tuition: $7,470
- All student books and materials (ebook and software)
- Learning tools and supplies
- Lectures and labs (340 hours of instruction time)
- Total: $7,970
3. Apply for a Student Study Permit (optional)
- Those international applicants that choose to apply for a study permit, must go online to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website in order to do so
- Applicants have the option of either completing an online application form or downloading a paper application form
- Additional information on obtaining a study permit and arrival to Canada can be found here.
- Orientation takes place on the first day of classes, where students learn about the program outline, schedule, and get an introduction to the instructors, administrative staff and other students
- It is mandatory for all international students outside of Canada to ensure that they purchase health insurance for the duration of the program, prior to arriving into Canada
- An insurance policy can be purchased from any number of reputable organizations, including: Ingle International and Manulife financial
- To get around the city, students can make use of the public transit (buses and LRT)
- Public transit is accessible to everyone. Please refer to the following links to know more about the bus routes and schedules
- Calgary Transit
- Edmonton Transit
- International students who do not have family in Canada and plan on living alone must arrange for accommodation for their duration of stay in Canada
- Students can find accommodation in Calgary or Edmonton using website such as kijiji.ca, Rentfaster.ca and viewit.ca
- Students can also contact the Elevated Learning Academy office for assistance in finding a suitable accommodation, by emailing us.
8. Additional Support
- Our staff members are familiar with various cultures, themselves having been born elsewhere and/or having visited many places worldwide
- The language spoken by our team are English, Russian and Urdu
- Our support staff are available to assist international students daily, during our regular office hours of M-F 9:30am – 6pm
- Our instructors are available for the assistance of struggling students, daily, a half hour before classes and half hour after class
- Career guidance and employability training is provided to all students
9. Counselling Services
10. Refund Policy
Please note that the $75.00 CDN International Student Application Fee is non-refundable.
There will also be no refunds issued for the $425.00 CDN Enrollment Fee if an International Student terminates their enrollment prior to applying for their Student Visa OR if an International Student terminates their enrollment after receiving their Student Visa.
However, a refund of $425.00 CDN will be issued if an International Student applies for a Student Visa and gets denied, given that the student sends ELA a copy of their denial letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Tuition fees for International Students are non-refundable after the start of the program.
11. Dismissal and Appeal Process
More information about these processes is available here.