We are constantly growing our team to continue to deliver high-quality educational programs within Calgary and Edmonton. Please scroll down the page to see our current job opportunities. Our people are the recipe to our success and we don’t take that for granted.
Instructor for Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma
Start date: ASAP
Openings: 1 opening
Applications will be accepted until a fitting candidate is found.
Location: 4014 MacLeod Tr SE, Calgary
Elevated Learning Academy:
Elevated Learning Academy is a designated vocational college, offering accelerated Personal Fitness Trainer and Applied Nutrition Science Diploma programs.
Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma:
The diploma program is accelerated and is just 17 weeks in length, including 340 hours of instructions, delivered at 19 hours per week. The curriculum focuses on Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology, Assessments and Screens, Program Design, Exercises and Machines, Communication, Behaviour Change and more.
Benefits of working at Elevated Learning Academy include:
- On a daily basis, you will help grow and improve the preventative health industry
- Great autonomy in structuring how you do your work
- Flexible benefits plan (with a wellness account)
- Performance bonuses and other employee recognition programs (including paid days off)
- Complementary yoga and snacks at work
The ideal candidate will play a key role in helping us grow the institutions by contributing to, and ensuring that our student satisfaction, attendance and graduation rates are above 80%. The key duties include:
- Deliver interactive lessons on a variety of topics that have to do with fitness, health and wellness
- Create a welcoming and supporting environment to a diverse group of adult-learner students, ranging from 10 to 24 students per class
- Initiate and assist with the continual development of the curriculum and best instructional practices
- Availability and flexibility to teach 6 4-hr classes per week, with each week there being 1 to 2 days during which split shifts will be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Health Science, Physical Education or in a similar field of study
- At least 2 years experience as a personal fitness trainer
- At least Level C CPR and AED
- Can work regular evenings (usually 2-3 per week)
- Currently fitness training
- Facilitation or teaching experience
- Experience with curriculum design
- ACE, AFLCA, CSEP, or CFP Certification
Please apply with cover letter and resume on Indeed.