Applied Nutrition Science Diploma:
Virtual Delivery: Jan 31 - June 6, 2022 (Day)
Virtual Delivery: Apr 20 - Aug 26, 2022 (Evening)

Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma:
Virtual Delivery: Feb 7, 2022 - June 9, 2022
Edmonton In-Person: Mar 28 - July 28, 2022
Calgary In-Person: Mar 28 - July 28, 2022
Cannabis and Health Specialist Diploma:
Virtual Delivery: Jan 10 - May 13, 2022

Government Loans and Grants

calgary cannabis health diploma - elevated learning academy logo

The ELA Advantage

Elevated Learning Academy is Licensed and Designated through the Private Career Colleges Training Branch and the Ministry of Advanced Education, which enables Canadian eligible students to access all government student loan and grant programs.
Get Started

Benefits of applying for Government Student Loans and Grants

The Grant money – this is “gift” money that you don’t have to pay back.
The Loan portion of your funds is interest-free for the duration of the course. If you don’t use the Loan money then you can pay it all back at the end of the course and not pay any interest.
You won’t need to start making minimum monthly payments on your Loan for 6 months after completing the program. So if you finish your program on
If you’re ever unable to pay your monthly payment on your loan then you can contact the Student Finance office and apply for repayment assistance.

How to apply for Government Student Loans and Grants

Step 1.

Set an appointment with Elevated Learning Academy to discuss your personal eligibility situation and to pick up an application form OR Alberta students can apply here online. Here are also some other provinces' sites, for out-of-province students' reference:

Step 2.

We’re happy to assist you with filling out your loan application form. Some information that you’ll need to have handy for your application form:

    • Social Insurance Number (SIN)
    • Your total previous year’s Income (Line 150 from your last Income Tax Return). If you didn’t file taxes last year then your best estimate will do. To find out more information about your income you can contact Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281
    • Those residing in Alberta for at least 12 months will also require an Alberta Student Number (ASN). If you don’t know or don’t have an Alberta Student Number then you can get yours from the Learner Registry.

Step 3.

In order to better plan your finances, you can check approximately how much funding you can receive by going on your province's Student Aid website and seeing the preliminary amount. One of ELA's Student Relations Coordinators can also assist you with this task. Please contact us and we'll be happy to assist. 

Government Student Loan/Grant Living Expense Assumptions

In addition to your tuition, books and supplies costs, the living expenses below are considered as part of your financial needs when your application is assessed for student funding. Do keep in mind, that funding is capped for each type of program length, and may not cover all of your expenses.

Your Household Status

Monthly Total (CAD$)

No Dependant Children*
Single & Living with Parent(s)
Single & not Living with Parent(s)
Married/Common law
With dependant children**
Single: 1 Child
Single: 2 children
Single: 3 children
Married/Common Law: 1 Child
Married/Common Law: 2 Children
Married/Common Law: 3 Children
Each Additional Child Add
MONTHLY CHILD CARE COSTS for children under 12 years of age:
  • Allowable child care cost is $75 per month per child without receipts.
  • Actual child care costs after subsidy may be considered with receipts up to a maximum of $530 per month per child.

Student Finance may consider higher or extra costs such as:

  • rent or mortgage (include a copy of the rent or mortgage agreement)
  • basic utilities (include copies of bills for the last three months for power, water, gas and phone only)
  • child support payments (include a copy of the court order and proof of payment for the past four months OR a copy of the maintenance enforcement report)
  • travel (for students who commute or cannot use public transit)
  • spouse’s/partner’s student loan payments (the lender must confirm these payments)

If you need further assistance you can contact the Student Funding Contact Centre:

  • phone: Toll-free in Canada at 1-800-222-6485
                (Student funding advisors are available
                 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
                 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday)

Calgary (Main) Campus - Virtual students please use this campus. 

Our Provincial Education number is 7353, Institution Number is 246374 and the Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma’s Calgary Program Number is 59026 and specialization number is 92135.

Edmonton Campus

Our Institution Number is 254004 and the Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma’s Edmonton Program Number is 62105 and specialization number is 99173.

4014 Macleod Trail #305, Calgary, AB T2G 2R7
Contact Us
Copyright 2020 © Elevated Learning Academy - SEO by Andy Kuiper Internet Marketing
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram