GOVERNMENT LOANS AND GRANTS
Elevated Learning Academy is Licensed and Designated through the Alberta Government, which enables eligible students to access all government student loan and grant programs.
Benefits of applying for Government Student Loans and Grants:
- The Grant money – this is “gift” money that you don’t have to pay back.
- The Loan portion of your funds is interest-free for the duration of the course. If you don’t use the Loan money then you can pay it all back at the end of the course and not pay any interest.
- You won’t need to start making minimum monthly payments on your Loan for 6 months after completing the program. So if you finish your program on
- If you’re ever unable to pay your monthly payment on your loan then you can contact the Student Finance office and apply for repayment assistance.
How to apply for Government Student Loans and Grants:
- Set an appointment with Elevated Learning Academy to discuss your personal eligibility situation and to pick up an application form OR you can apply online.
- We’re happy to assist you with filling out your loan application form. Some information that you’ll need to have handy for your application form:
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Your total previous year’s Income (Line 150 from your last Income Tax Return). If you didn’t file taxes last year then your best estimate will do. To find out more information about your income you can contact Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281
- Your Alberta Student Number (ASN). If you don’t know or don’t have an Alberta Student Number then you can get yours from the Learner Registry.
- In order to better plan your finances, you can check approximately how much funding you can receive by filling out the Student Financial Assistance Estimator.
Government Student Loan/Grant Living Expense Assumptions:
2016-17 Monthly Living Allowances
MONTHLY CHILD CARE COSTS for children under 12 years of age:
- Allowable child care cost is $75 per month per child without receipts.
- Actual child care costs after subsidy may be considered with receipts up to a maximum of $530 per month per child.
Student Finance may consider higher or extra costs such as:
- rent or mortgage (include a copy of the rent or mortgage agreement)
- basic utilities (include copies of bills for the last three months for power, water, gas and phone only)
- child support payments (include a copy of the court order and proof of payment for the past four months OR a copy of the maintenance enforcement report)
- travel (for students who commute or cannot use public transit)
- spouse’s/partner’s student loan payments (the lender must confirm these payments)
If you need further assistance you can contact the Student Funding Contact Centre:
- phone: Toll free in Canada at 1-800-222-6485
- e-mail: use the secure e-Contact service available onalis.alberta.ca/econtact
Our Provincial Education number is 7353, Institution Number is 246374 and the Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma’s Calgary Program Number is 59026 and specialization number is 92135.
Our Institution Number is 254004 and the Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma’s Edmonton Program Number is 62105 and specialization number is 99173.